Monday 7 June 2010

4. Monday 7th June

7th June
Cycled to Bognor train station at 13.15 to catch the 13.39 to Barnham .
In Barnham I waited on platform 2 for the train to Cosham .
Due to a fire at Cosham there was some disruption to services and as a result a train bound for Brighton arrived on platform 2 and there was a lot of faffing about while it was being split into two sections .
The upshot was that the Cosham train was delayed and eventually we were told to go to platform 1 . I ended up going to the exit instead . By the time I corrected my mistake and hurried to platform 1 , the train had locked its doors and I couldn’t get
on .
Got the next train to Cosham knowing that I would miss the connection to Westbury . The Guard suggested that I get off at Havant in case there was a route via Guildford and that I had nothing to lose as the next train to Westbury from Cosham was 1 hour later .
The ticket clerk at Havant gave me a new time table .
So , I eventually did go to Cosham to catch the Westbury train .
Eventually got to Penzance at 22.30 .
The B&B people at Richmond Lodge kindly stayed late to show me my room .

No comments:

Post a Comment